Residential Appliance Leak Clean-Up Services
We Help Dry Out & Repair Your Home Quickly
No household appliance works under tougher conditions than your water heater. Water heaters hold and transfer water continuously. When a water heater breaks down and starts to leak, the damage it causes to your home can be expensive. ServiceMaster Restore® is here to help. We are a residential restoration company that provides water damage restoration of all kinds, including appliance leak clean-up services. We are ready to get your home dried out after a water heater leak and your property restored to its pre-damage state.
Damage caused by a leaking appliance can be extensive. Often, you will not notice the leak at first, which means that by the time you do notice it, damage can already be done. That’s why it’s very important that you have a reliable team that can quickly assess and repair any water damages in your home.
The Most Common Reason Why Water Heaters Fail
- Deposits accumulate on the bottom of the tank that corrodes the tank liner and heater elements.
- When the corroded bottom of a tank fails without warning, the water already in the tank and the continuously fed cold-water supply create a deluge.
- If not stopped, this water will continue to flow throughout your home.
Signs of water heater failure include:
- Water accumulation beneath the heater
- A hissing or whistling sound
- Chronic hot water shortage
You can minimize the damage from a failed water heater before a loss occurs with these tips:
- Have the water heater inspected regularly.
- Install a catch pan with a drain connected to a waste line, sump pump, or other means of channeling water out of your home.
- Ensure easy access to controls mounted on the water heater and identify where the automatic shut off valve (ASOV) is before an emergency.
- Consider installing a water alarm, which is available from several manufacturers.
- Get a tankless water heater that eliminates the traditional storage tank and heats water directly when there is a call for hot water.
- Install an insulation blanket around the tank to lower energy costs and help reduce the extreme temperature changes that add to tank wear.
When The Going Gets Tough, Go With The Experts
We'll not only fix the problem promptly but will investigate the initial reason for what caused the damage to occur. We have 65+ years of experience and an ongoing commitment to learning new techniques and technologies to achieve the best results for homeowners like you. As one of the industry's go-to advisors, we're the company you want on your side when disaster strikes. We are here for you 24/7, so never hesitate to reach out to us if you’re experiencing an emergency.